There's so much to do! I've been lucky enough to be able to work on NativeShell for quite some time now, but to keep up the pace I need your help. You can sponsor NativeShell development through Github Sponsors .
Here are some features I'd love to work on:
- Dire need for documentation and examples
- Improved window management (saving and restoring positions, relative window positioning, popovers, etc.)
- Expose Screens / Displays to Dart
- System dialogs (message boxes, file selection)
- Creating self contained packages / bundles for distribution
Support for Flutter plugins (packages containing native code)(done)
If any of these sound good to you, or you depend on NativeShell for you project, please consider picking one of the sponsorship tiers.
- Lightweight isolates for desktop (improve window opening performance and reduce overhead for each window)
- Allow using actual context menu for select/copy/paste operations on TextEdits
- Better handling of fractional scaling (hopefully implement snapping on physical pixels at framework level)
- Partial redraw (significantly improve battery life in situations where only part of the screen changes, like a spinner or cursor)